Saturday, April 26, 2008

24 April 08

I leave for Penang today after spending three days in KL. For the past three days, I had mixed feelings. Part of me was glad to be home whilst another part of me felt hopeless and useless. While others were busy with life, I seemed to be too free. I was restless to be honest, I wanted to have something to do. I wanted to be employed and to be useful.

Yet I am scared. I know what lies ahead and I don’t want to face it. I loved the freedom I had in KL. I loved living alone, away from certain attachments and responsibilities. I treasured the personal space and time that I had to do the many things I desired. I enjoyed being rebellious, to not have someone to report to at the end of the day.

All these has ended, I am going home. Perhaps it’s time for me to grow up and to take responsibility of certain things that I have always avoided. I don’t like what lies ahead but I know I won’t be at peace if I continue to run. I must face it but I’m not ready yet to be responsible. I don’t look forward to meeting the over caring people who tells me that “I should” and “I must” do this and that, I want to avoid people who ask “how come”, “why” I don’t do this and that.

I fear my emotions too, I fear my temper, I fear depression and I fear guilt. Yes, my future seems scary.

Meanwhile, my heart aches for two people who has a special place in my heart. One of them has lost her father Mr. Anthony Toh while the other one lost her most beloved grandpa Mr. John Tan. I don’t know how to console in moments like this but I do pray that their father, grandpa will rest in peace. For the many good deeds that had done while they were alive, I’m sure they will never be forgotten.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen, was happy you came for grandpa's mass. It was pleasant surprise to know our connection (your ex-neighbour is my aunt and cousin).

If you want to read the book, will pass it to you when see you one day.

Thank you and your mum for coming again. :)