Thursday, February 02, 2012

In today's paper, a grandmother killed her own 9 year old grandchild before attempting to take her own life. Reading the news saddened me deeply. Apparently, the grandmother was mentally not stable and was alone with the child when the incident happened. I asked myself, if even a grandmother could take her own grandchild's life, who else then can we trust? I am actually not surprised that cases like this exists. I know of some people who may be capable of doing such a thing.

Reading such news makes me feel very insecure as a mother. It makes me feel scared to leave my son in the hands of other people. Even though the baby sitter we will send Gregory to is a reliable person, I will continue to wonder if she will care for him and love him the way she did to her own children. It also worries me that we may pick a maid who may hurt Greg in the future. It worries me that we may pick a maid who is mentally not sound and may create problem for us in the future. Motherhood has made me to be an insecure person. I am constantly worried that something may happen to Greg. I know i should place my trust in God that he will protect Greg but there are just too many shocking news these days.

No comments: