Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Yesterday was almost a repeat of the day before yesterday. Gregory slept well in the afternoon and when it came to night, he started to become restless and would not sleep. At 12 midnight, I tried all the methods fellow mothers suggested. We applied Yu Yee oil on him, did some tummy exercise for him, burbed him over and over again, gave him Po Ying compound and directly breast fed him. He enjoyed every method but none of it stopped him from crying. At 3 am, my breast were already sore, my arms were tired and I was mentally exhausted. I woke Leslie up to look after him for a while while I prepared some formula milk to feed him. Guess what, that little monkey fell asleep immediately in Leslie's arms. I just could not believe it. I was so frustrated. Leslie put him back on the bed and went back to sleep but that little monkey woke up right after he left the room. So I fed him with the formula milk. He drank half ounce of it and dozed off straight away. My gosh I was so amazed at how effective the milk was and at the same time very grateful that I finally could sleep. So the formula milk did work for him and he slept until 4.30 am. We fed him two ounce of milk again and he slept till 7am. It was a bliss for the both of us. Our friend is now back to drinking breast milk and he is happily snoozing away in the living room. I hope he will sleep this well tonight.

This morning I shared my encounter with the mothers again and I was told that infants less than a month old should not be fed with any forms of medication and herbs. Hence Poh Ying is not appropriate. We did so many things on him last night that I don't know if the Poh Ying compound actually did work on him. Actually between 12- 3am Greg did actually burb very easily and farted a lot of times too, so I am not very sure what exactly did the trick but I believe all three did help just that Greg's other problem last night I believe was also hunger as he slept right after consuming the formula milk which was much more filling.

Well whatever it is, I home all will be well tonight.

No comments: