Friday, January 27, 2012

Two things I notice about myself of late. Firstly, my appetite has GROWN. I eat more than when I was pregnant. This I have to say is the fault of the confinement as well as my mom. She insisted that I had more meat so much so that my meat servings are large. On average I have a quarter chicken for every meal and of course vegetables and rice. It is rather a large amount compared to what I use to have. To make it worse, I don't feel as though I have over eaten after every meal. For breakfast, I have a bowl of oats with cheese and a thick glass of milk or 4 slices of gardenia white bread with nestum and milk. In the afternoons and in the middle of the night, I dig for snacks. Nowadays I even have biscuits and cookies. I for one used to be a person who seldom eat between meals but I am now doing it all. I hope this big appetite of mine will reduce once the confinement is over. My weight now is 75 kg, 7 kgs more than before I was pregnant and 13 kgs less than when I was pregnant. I was 75kg since the day I came home from the hospital. My weight has not changed since then but I am very worried that it will go up soon. But then again, I can't help it. During meal times I just want to eat and eat. Sigh.

The other thing I noticed about myself is that I have become more absent minded. I have been fixing the wrong covers for the wrong bottles and turning on the wrong switches. What scares me is that this absent mindedness happens every day. The other day, I even dropped the cover of a bottle into Gregory's milk. My sister did mention to me that she felt a little stupid after delivery but I am still wondering if this is a normal phenomena. I hope this too will go away soon because if the problem is not addressed, I may just endanger myself as well as little Gregory.

I am counting the days....can't wait to be independent and be able to do all that I want to again.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Anesthetic is d main cause for your absent minds. I'm not any better. In fact I often day dream away. But anyway I'm already know for my blur character so I just let it be. Also, the whole pregnancy and delivery process is consuming so much nutrient from mothers that they said this affects our memories too.
Good appetite is vital for your recovery and important to give enough nutrient in breast milk. Breastfeeding moms will always tend to eat more but it will not put on your weight. A lot of those who are eager to lose weight tend to eat less, which is bad for health. After confinement can slowly back to normal. I'm still eating more than I did before pregnant. I gained 18 kg during pregnancy, after confinement I still had 6 kg and now I'm just 2kg away. The slimming down progress depends on individuals but with breastfeed it'll surely go away.