Saturday, January 28, 2012

Greg did not sleep the whole afternoon so I guess he is going to knock out tonight. I am almost exhausted already. He just would not sleep. He was restless the whole evening and was constantly throwing up the milk I fed him with. Each time this happens, my heart aches because what's being thrown out is my breast milk, fruits of my labour and my energy. I know why Greg threw up the milk, it's because he was not properly burped. But then again, we did try to burp him and he did burp but I guess he needed more burping.

For me, the process of burping Greg is one of the most challenging part of raising Greg. To me, improper burping is the root to all the problems we are currently facing. He is generally an easy child to look after provided that he is able to sleep well. For him to sleep well, the milk that he drinks needs to be properly digested otherwise he will be crying for more milk and probably throw out what is not well digested after that, causing a lot of wastage as well as frustration as well as exhaustion.

Greg was probably restless today also because there were a lot of visitors today. We had our cousins from Ipoh visiting and there were five little boys having fun in the house. They came for lunch and left after four so Greg's usual routine was slightly disrupted. To add on, the weather was a little warm today.

Today is the 17th day after Greg's birth and I finally washed my hair today thanks to some motivation from Janice. I've been wanting to wash my hair for a long time but did not do so as I've read in a few books that one should avoid washing their hair until their lochia discharge had stopped and I waited for that day to come. Unfortunately, that day has not arrived and I could not stand it anymore as my hair was getting a little difficult to comb and I felt really embarrassed each time I had visitors. I have been using the dry shampoo as an alternative to clean my hair prior to this but the dry shampoo is a little messy and is unable to clean some parts of my head. Besides, it does not clean as well as water hence I can feel sweat and stickiness on some parts of my head and it is really uncomfortable. I hope washing my hair today will not bring any side effects.. I actually have some headaches at the moment but I would like to believe that it is the weather as well as lack of sleep.

No comments: