Monday, January 30, 2012

On this day two years ago, I walked down the aisle to marry my boyfriend of four years and good friend of nine years. Even before I walked down the aisle, I knew I was marrying an imperfect man. Someone who would often leave me annoyed and frustrated. I still married him because I knew that there will never be a perfect guy in this world and that I myself is not perfect either. In fact, I am filled with flaws and it takes someone like him to tolerate with my nonsense.

Two years have passed since we said I do and after more than 700 days as his wife, I must say that I have not regretted marrying him. In fact, i cannot imagine how empty life would be without him. He has been my companion, my listener, my support, my security. He cheers my serious and moody heart and brightens my day with a cheerful smile. He has been a great support during my pregnancy and has so far been a great papa to baby Greg. He has also journeyed with me during my papa's final years and is still supportive in helping me care for my mom.

He is unromantic, and does not know how to say the right words.We ate ko lo mee for our anniversary last year and I'll be having confinement food for our dinner this year but what the heck, I know he loves me and that is what's most important to me.

No comments: