Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The nights have been terrible for Leslie and myself. Two days ago, little Greg stayed awake until 3 am before he finally slept. Last night, Greg did not sleep at all. Both of us took turns to watch over him and I have run out of milk to feed him. He kept crying for milk the whole night and vomited some after drinking. My stock of pumped milk is running low and I have hardly enough to pump for him too. I can smell the need for formula soon but at the same time I fear that feeding him with formula milk will make him worse.

This morning I checked with 3 mothers of infants and they drew the same conclusion, 'angin'/ gas. They said there is a strong likelyhood that he has colic. We also called the clinic and they also said nothing can be done except to 'sapu minyak' to apply ointment to expel the wind. I am exhausted and restless and I know Leslie's energy is drained as well. What are we going to do with this little man? Leslie will be back soon with some herbal remedy recommended by Janice, I hope it works. Yin Fern my other friend also posted a video from You tube on colic relief exercise. i tried it on Greg but he was restless. Will try it again later. Honestly, I think parenthood is more challenging than marriage. For me, parenthood is a real good test for one's marriage too.

1 comment:

Janice said...

You can check if he's on windy stomach. Feel his tummy and see if its hard. If hard means too much of air in tummy. Also, place one hand on tummy and gently pat with another hand. If it sounds empty means windy. Does he sleeps on pillow? Be careful if its too high. Just fold a napkin will do dy. Let him sleep on his side after meals. When you feed him the bo ying compound, place some on finger and rub on his gums, especially side jaws. Let him bite your finger. If he's biting hard means he's scared. Usually we give the compound like twice on finger only.