Thursday, January 05, 2012

Today I went for a check up at the Klinik Kesihatan. This would be the last until I deliver. The nurse who checked me was almost 50, one of the oldest in the clinic. I've always found this nurse to be amusing. She is a little chubby and looks fierce and rough but my encounter with her has so far been pleasant. Today she teased me about the baby being late. She said a little prayer before touching my tummy and spoke to the baby. "Mengapa? Tak nak tengok muka mama ye?" She asked the little one. My blood pressure was a little high 130/70 today and she asked me if I've been sleeping late. She pressed my tummy and said the baby was head down and all set to be delivered. She warned that he would be a little big as he seemed to have grown in size since my last visit. I am glad my last visit ended well with this nurse.

She is right in the sense that I have not been sleeping well of late. The discomfort in my tummy has caused me to be unable to sleep early. In fact, I feel tired now and I could really do with a nap after lunch. I'm actually tired of waiting. Every day I live my life as though I will be on confinement the very next day. I wash my hair every day for fear that I won't be able to do it for the next few days. I treat myself with some snacks for fear that i won't be able to taste them for the next one month. I wash the clothes every day even though the laundry is not really full for fear that I won't be able to wash them the next day and so on. The only thing that I am not doing right now is to drive around. I am scared to drive too far for fear that I may experience contraction while driving. It's actually a little frustrating as I am confined to the house.

I really hope the baby will not take too long to come. My excitement is transforming into frustration. Baby oh baby!

No comments: