Friday, January 06, 2012

January 6th. He is still inside. He has been very active though. His movements have been vigorous. I can see major shifts taking place actively in my tummy. Every two hours he wakes me up to the toilet. Sometimes there is nothing to wake up for but since he is bigger now, he is pressing on certain organs, causing me to feel as though I need to go to the toilet. My in-laws are coming tomorrow and he is not out yet. Leslie says he is waiting for them to arrive before he decides to see the world. Perhaps he is right. But this also means that they may not be around during his full moon or baptism.

We have sort of confirmed his name. Gregory Vaz-Than Zhi Xian it will be. We decided to name him after Leslie's Grandpa whose birthday falls on January the 8th. Gregory means 'vigilant'. To add on, I have yet to meet a Gregory whom I dislike hehehehe thus I believe naming my son Gregory should make him a pretty likable person. As for Zhi Xian, well according to the chinese tradition, the boys of the same generation will carry a similar middle name and Zhi happens to be the middle name for Leslie's nephew. 'Zhi' means wisdom and knowledge while 'Xian' means virtuous. Hence we hope that this little boy will grow up to be a knowledgeable and virtuous man.

It is frustrating to wait for his arrival yet at the same time I am aware that things will not be the same anymore once he is born. There will be restless nights and also other forms of frustrations. Honestly, I do not look forward to that but then again, is that not what parenting is all about? I have been looking for right storage items for the baby's milk and was told by my friend who is a chemistry teacher to not use plastic at all for freezing the milk. I understand her reasons but this also means extra cost. Glass bottles are very expensive but at the same time, I do not want my infant to start consuming all those chemicals at this young and tender age. Honestly the best storage bottle is myself but i got to work and cannot have the child clinging on to me 24 hours a day. but then again, is that not why most of us grew up to be healthy people? Because our moms fed us directly from the breast? Sigh........

Motherhood will officially begin in a few days time. i wish myself all the best.

No comments: