Saturday, January 07, 2012

January 7th. Gregory Vaz-Than is still in my womb! I had difficulty sleeping last night. Ended up watching TV until 1.30 am but still could not sleep. Perhaps it was because I accidentally drank a cup of tea in the morning. I finally managed to sleep after Leslie woke up and gave me a leg massage at around 3am. It was a good one. I slept soundly for 3 hours plus before nature called.

Today I experienced a weired sensation in my cervix. It felt as though I had ENO being dissolved in it. The gassy sensation lasted a few seconds and then dissapeared. It came back again more often while I was preparing lunch. I told Leslie perhaps we should send my mom over to my sister's house after lunch just in case that was my form of contraction. Interestingly, that weired sensation did not return after lunch. So the intense urgency to send mom over just disappeared. Besides the odd sensation, baby Gregory has yet to show any sign that it wants to be delivered yet. I am beginning to feel anxious as we now only have 3 days left. I am beginning to consider certain desperate measures to entice him out. One of the methods according to the malays is to drink coconut water. I have drank that 3 times already this week. Hence it does not seem to work for me. I have drank a lot of coconut water throughout my pregnancy and i think I won't crave for it for a while anymore. In fact, I am beginning to be fed up of it. Thank goodness that coconut water tastes good, otherwise it would be such a pain.

Besides coconut water, I have been encouraged to walk more. I think I have done that too though I have to admit that I am sometimes lazy. I do the housework, vacuum and mop the house and yesterday I once again used the shear to cut the grass. That too did not work. There are other methods too which you can read on the net. I avoid doing things that requires the consumption of certain foods as I find it a little risky. One of my colleagues told me that she went into labour immediately after drinking goat's milk. I choose not to try that.

Yesterday an indian colleague gave me this recipe to help me in my delivery. To mix half a teaspoon of halba with a glass of water and leave it overnight and drink it the next day. It is said to help to smoothen the delivery process. I tried to google and read up more about it but found almost nothing so I decided to forget about it for fear that I will do it wrongly. Then, while cutting the grass in the evening, my neighbor Joe somehow told me to do the same thing. He affirmed that halba would help me in my delivery. Hence I gave this recipe a try. The drink was tasteless but the halba tasted a little bitter. I googled regarding this recipe again and discovered that halba is also good for milk production, hence I may be killing two birds with one stone after all.

My in-laws will be arriving tonight. i hope little Greg will not keep us waiting for too long. Have faith and pray that everything will be alright.

No comments: