Sunday, January 08, 2012

8th January. Today is great-grandfather Gregory Than's birthday and great-grandson Gregory Than junior is still in the womb. I think the halba recipe may actually be effective after all. I'm not experiencing contractions but I do have those odd sensations like those one would feel when they are having menses. The menstrual pain is there, the cramps are there and yes it becomes more intensed when I am about to get up from my seated position. These odd sensations are making it pretty challenging for me to want to go out. This morning, I got a call from a very concern Patricia reminding me to walk, walk and walk. I know she means well but it is really uncomfortable to walk a lot.

Leslie has not recovered from his Christmas illness and he felt suddenly dizzy last night. So we went to the chinese sin seh in Subang. The doctor was from Taiwan and told him that he had problems with his digestive system. So the treatment began last night with some massage at the Clinic and medication. Today, the sin seh applied acupuncture. It is a painful experience for Leslie but I can testify that he is much better now then he was since Christmas. The treatment and medication is almost RM 200 but I think it is worth it as I am seeing the difference in my husband. The sin seh took interest in my pregnancy too and requested to read my pulse. Apparently, he is training to master in treating pregnant ladies and wanted to practice some of his knowledge on me. He did not charge me for this but told me to eat less meat as I had fatty liver. Leslie will see him again on Wednesday before he leaves for Taiwan for a Chinese New Year break. I hope Leslie will recover well under his care. He has been exhausted lately due to his commitments at work and at home. The absence of the maid and the extra responsibilities since my pregnancy has taken a tol on him. It actually saddens me to see him being unwell, only God will understand how much he has been going through.

Back to the pregnancy, I hope what I am experiencing today is a sign that Baby Gregory will be born very soon. His grandparents are already here so what else is he waiting for?

No comments: