Sunday, January 15, 2012

9th of January, the anxiousness grew stronger as Gregory had still not arrived. I started to feel a little desperate and looked for signs and symptoms of labor pain. In the morning, I requested for Leslie to take me for a walk. So we took a walk to the nearest mamak shop in Bukit Jelutong for breakfast. It is around 1km away, hence the walk to and from the shop lasted an hour plus. After the walk, I discovered some spotting of blood. That got me pretty happy, unfortunately, that was it, there were no other signs after that. Hence in the afternoon, i requested to exercise again, hence Leslie took me to Sunway Pyramid. We walked from the 5th floor to the ground floor and walked back to the fifth floor. It was not a shopping trip but more of a quick window shopping and people watching. The walk still did not induce any labor pain, hence it got me frustrated. Towards later in the evening, I spotted blood again. I decided to use this as and excuse to get myself attended at the clinic. So at around 9pm, Leslie took me to the Serdang hospital and I got what I wanted, a check up. The doctor checked me and told me that there were no signs of labour yet, however since the baby was over due for more than 9 days, something had to be done. However there was one problem, a very major one, the hospital was full, they could not admit me. Hence they sent me home and told me to come back the next day at 9am to get admitted. When we reached home, it was already 4am in the morning, it was indeed an exhausting night. To make it worse, I felt the pain. The pain that was worse than a period pain by 10 times. I could not climb on the bed and had to try to sleep in a different room so that Leslie could get his rest. The feeling was horrible I could not lie down.

10th January, still tired, we left home for Serdang hospital again. The checks that were conducted the night before were repeated again in the morning. It was not fun, to add on, I had the pain on and off and was bed bound. It was not fun for Leslie either as he had to wait outside. At around 11am, the Doctor told me that my cervix was getting ready for labor. It had dilated by 1 cm. According to her, I had to wait until the cervix dilated by 10 cm in order to give birth. She also said that usually, the cervix will dilate at 1cm per hour which means that if everything goes well, I should be able to deliver in 10 hours. However there was a problem. The hospital was still full. They have 15 people on the waiting list already. So they told me to wait while they arranged for me to be transferred to another hospital.

At 2 pm, the ambulance came and sent me to the Kuala Lumpur General Hospital, a move which is probably a blessing in disguise. The journey to the hospital itself was an interesting one. For the first time in my life, I was a patient in an ambulance while other vehicles made way for me to pass through.

No comments: