Tuesday, January 03, 2012

January the 3rd. Baby is still in the womb. No signs of contraction yet. When will it come? Our anxiousness has increased. Each time I wake up to ease myself in the middle of the night, I ask myself if this is normal and that causes me to stay wide awake for a while before I go back to sleep again. I am not getting enough sleep of late because of this. I keep worrying that I missed doing something right. But then again, didn't the first doctor say that the due date was the 8th of January? So he may have been right after all. But then again, the waiting game is frustrating. It is not a matter of hours which we are talking about here, it's about the number of days we have to wait. Every day when Leslie goes to work his mind is not at peace because he knows that he may need to rush back one of these days to get me to the hospital. As for me, I am constantly worried that he is not able to come back on time. Friends have been sharing with us their experiences of going into labour. Some stories are comforting while some are scary. I just hope that everything turns out fine for us.

While the waiting game continues, I am beginning to crave for the wrong kind of foods. Yesterday, I had this very great desire to take a sip of gas drink. Something fizzy and very cold. Of course, I did not submit myself to this craving. This morning, I woke up with the desire to have a nice bowl of instant noodle, maggie mee to be exact. A really harmful desire it was but once again, I did not give in to the desire. I wonder what's going to be next on my craving list. I hope its going to be something reasonably healthy (cravings so far are nothing healthy) and easy to find.

Since the date of birth has been delayed, the list of our baby's names has also been narrowed down.It will unlikely be Peter for papa's birthday was yesterday neither will it be Noel. That leaves us with Francis and Gregory or should we also consider Sebastian? I really don't know.

No comments: