Saturday, January 21, 2012

Ever since Gregory's birth, the nights have been really long for the both of us. On good days, he will wake up every 2 to 3 hours for milk and he will sleep back again. Unfortunately, not every night is a good night for us. Last night, Gregory woke up at 2am and stayed awake till 6am. When he woke up at 2am, we fed him with 2 1/2 ounce of milk. He drank the milk and made a big poo after that. So we had to change him. While changing him, his umbilical cord detached from his belly button. So we had to dress him a little. At 3am, we tried to make him sleep but he cried and asked for more milk. So we gave him another one ounce. This time, we had difficulty burping him after his feeding. At 4am, we tried to make him sleep again and he continued to ask. Gave him another 1 ounce. This time, the little boy was too lazy to suck his bottle. He kept playing with it. It really tested our patience. Each time we removed the bottle from him he wailed. I knocked out at 4.30am but Leslie still stayed up. At 5am it was Leslie's turn to knock out while I took over. I breast fed him and like the previous feed, our boy was too lazy to suck and took his own sweet time. At 6am he knocked out and I finally got to sleep.

As today was my last urut session with Kak Moon, by hook or by crook i had to wake up at 8am to prepare myself before she came. So in total, I only managed to get 4 hours of sleep yesterday. I asked myself how then can I work on night shifts. How will leslie be able to cope with Gregory while i am at work? Looking back, I guess my last miscarriage happened for a reason. We were both not ready for the baby then. Imagine us having a baby while we were living apart. How challenging would it have been. It might even drift us apart as we would have lacked in communication and I would probably be angry at Leslie most of the time for not being there.

No comments: