Thursday, January 19, 2012

Today I had my first urut session from a Malay lady called Kak Moon. I found her contact through a blog in the Internet. She charges RM 400 for 3 post natal massages and she comes to the house. The massage session lasted around 2 hours. Though I have experienced better massages, I have to say that what Kak Moon did for me really helped to relief some of my discomfort and I really felt good after the session. From what I've read, it is important for the new mother to cleanse her body well through the lochia discharge after birth. This is not a traditional belief as the doctor at the hospital was also particular about this matter. While I was at the hospital, they gave me 3 dose of injection to make sure that my blood did not clot and the lochia would be well discharged from my body. Kak Moon's massage this morning helped in this sense too. I could feel the toxic flow out from my body after the massage. Her massage also helped to increase my milk supply immediately. She will come again tomorrow and complete her 3 days session with me on Saturday. I hope to benefit from this traditional Malay post-natal healing method.

Gregory is 8 days old today. Leslie thinks that he has gained in weight and is beginning to feel his back ache as a result of Gregory's weight. I do not feel it that much as I have not been carrying him much due to my still weak condition. We are both still adjusting to our new role as parents. It is an exhausting experience. The responsibilities are never ending and sometimes we feel really frustrated. However, I have to say that little Gregory is actually a bundle of joy. Looking at him is like a therapy itself. His innocence and his cuteness just carries all the negative emotions away from us each time we look at him.

No comments: