Sunday, December 11, 2011

Last Tuesday, a car parked in front of my vehicle at the clinic. I could not leave the clinic as the car was blocking me. Thank goodness, the driver had some sense, he left the car on a free gear mode and left the handbreak down, hence, the car could be moved even without his presence. However I was not too keen to push the car on my own as I am heavily pregnant and I know that I am not so abled neither am I fit enough to prevent any unwanted accidents should it happen. So I asked a man who was driving around the car park, looking for a parking space to help me, with the intention of letting him have my space after I vacate it. So this kind gentlemen got out from the car and helped me to push the car away. As he was pushing the car and I vacated, another vehicle came along and just drove into the spot. It was so obvious that he saw the man pushing the car away and yet he pretended not to see anything and snatched to parking space. The car which he drove was a new and expensive imported car. The driver was stylish and walked away as though nothing happened. I got a little upset but the man who pushed the car told me that it was ok. I felt embarrassed. I wondered if the rich man felt that his actions was wrong. To be able to afford to drive an expensive vehicle, he must be somehow knowledgeable enough to be civic minded and have some level of common sense but his actions proved otherwise.

Today as I was about leave my work place, I found my car being blocked by a vehicle. The driver parked his vehicle right behind my car even though there was another car parked in front of mine. I was definitely irritated as I was tired from work and it was already late. I was even more upset when I realized that the car was actually parked on the yellow box. Unsurprisingly, the car was a very expensive imported car. I wondered how could the driver afford to buy the car when he did not have the brains to understand how he should park his vehicle. I called the guard for help and he was shocked to see how the other vehicle was parked. By right, he should have clamped the vehicle but he did not dare to as he suspected that it belonged to a VIP. Two guards guided me out from the very tight space. it took us 20 minutes. As I drove out, I noticed that there were plenty of empty parking space in the vicinity. It was really annoying. Why are people so selfish? So much for an educated Malaysian society. I think we are moving backwards when it comes to civics.

No comments: