Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Tomorrow will be my last day of work. I have requested to take time off prior to my delivery so that I have time to settle some matters before the baby arrives. Though we have done some shopping, we have yet to arrange it's space. We have not cleared the cupboard to put its clothes, arrange a changing table and also really identify the things we want to put upstairs. Honestly, of late, I've not been a good planner. I dislike planning ahead and have always been spontaneous. But then again, I am worried that I will not be strong enough to help myself after the delivery, what more to rearrange the room. Hence, i better get these things done right now before it is born.

I am thankful that Leslie's father has taken leave from work to come and help us in January. I am not expecting much from his parents but I think the experience they have as parents and grandparents will guide us to becoming good parents to the baby. His dad cooks pretty well too and I see that as a bonus because it also means that I get to eat nice food during my confinement. It is really consoling to have them around especially since we suffered another setback in our maid recruitment. Apparently the maid that we chose was diagnosed with high blood pressure. As such, we have to reselect another maid and the agency has not provided us with any profile yet. Hence we will not have any maid for another two months, also meaning that we may need to look for a temporary baby sitter. We tried to look for a confinement lady prior to this but most of them were either not interested or wanted to charge between 5000 to 6000 ringgit as the confinement period coincided with Chinese New Year.

All these stress and setbacks that we are experiencing is actually distracting me from the Christmas preparation. It is hard to believe that Christmas is just 11 days away. I am looking forward to this time out from work so that i can readjust myself and prepare for Christmas as well as for the arrival of the baby.

No comments: