Friday, January 02, 2009

Last night was a lonely night for me. I did not receive a single sms. Yet, I was not disturbed, I just wondered why did some people not respond to my smses. Also, I found it interesting that no one bothered to even send me a new year sms. I had these curious thoughts lingering in my head from time to time throughout the whole day. Little did I realize that I was actually having a network problem that prevented me from receiving any smses. So after I got my problem solved, I had my handphone flooded with smses. Some were still valid while others were already outdated.
I did not make any new year resolutions but there is a thought that has been distracting me. There is a little urge within me that desires to help kids from poor families enjoy and appreciate education. I don’t know how can this desire be a reality after my first encounter with M but I believe things are still possible with Him as my guide. Some of you may ask what happened to my dream of owning a f & b business, and if I was ever serious with any of my dreams especially since I have not been doing anything about it to become a reality. Well, I have not cut off the F& B dream.
The dream of giving education to kids is actually not a new dream. I’ve had this desire ever since I went to Tapah to teach the orang asli kids for 10 days 6 years ago, perhaps the only difference between this dream and the F & B dream is that I rarely spoke about this dream to anybody. I was saddened by what I saw in Tapah and I promised myself that I would do something to give needy children a second chance and maybe that is why I never hesitated to teach the weakest students in the college English. I had hope in them.
I spent my new year morning day dreaming on how to make this dream a reality, it felt good but when I think back about M, the castles that I built in the air suddenly collapsed.

No comments: