Friday, January 23, 2009


I’ve been wanting to send Brandy to the vet. She has grown much since I adopted her and it was time to spay her. I was however slow in my actions. Brandy got her heat while I was busy marking the exam papers. I’ve had dogs since young but I’ve not had much knowledge on how to care for dogs. Common sense told me that the heat meant Brandy was no more little and that she could have puppies. The heat now makes her attractive to male dogs. However, common sense did not tell me that male dogs mate bitches while they are on heat and the heat is the mating period for dogs. In other words, if Brandy is to be near to any male dog during this period of time, the possibility of her getting puppies is high.
I consulted the vet and discovered that the heat would last for maybe two weeks and I should make sure that male dogs do not go anywhere near Brandy during this period of time. It is not easy to keep these guys away because pretty Brandy is just too attractive for them to resist and they keep begging for her outside our fence. Gosh, I can’t wait for the heat to be over.
Somehow, it feels different to have a dog in the house and watch it grow. My opinion towards the dog is so different compared to my thoughts when I was a kid. Even my concerns are different. Some people describe Brandy as my daughter but to me, she is a little puppy who makes my days brighter. She is cute, adorable, funny but naughty. She amuses me everyday. A good therapy indeed for a moody person like me. I love my naughty Brandy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. Remember Carrot? That was what happened to Carrot..

jennvaz said...

You know what, Brandy loves to eat carrot. When I told leslie that she loved eating carrots, he said Joyce's dog.Anyway, how is she?

Anonymous said...

any photos on Brandy? must be a lovely dog.
And its first tie I heard dog loves to eat carrot!