Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I’ve always thought that a squash ball was bouncy but I guess I was wrong. It only bounces hard if you hit it hard enough. I had a fun time playing squash for the first time today. My programme supervisor was my coach and boy was she patient with me.
I play badminton but I think I like squash better. It suits my style of hitting the ball and encourages me to really stretch my body and legs, my current set back is that I’m slow with my reflects and I’m very likely to irritate my partner at game because I tend to stand in the way and block my partner.
When I was a kid, I loved badminton, in fact I dreamed of becoming a badminton player and I even got myself recruited for badminton clinics. I was fortunate enough to be part of a clinic coached by the current national coach, Misbun Sidek when I was twelve. Unfortunately, my interest towards the game dwindled after I graduated from university, I realized last month that I was no more interested in the game. I could not enjoy the game anymore. Perhaps, it was due to my age and some stiffness in my body.
I did consider playing tennis but I could not find people who shared the same interest, then I heard my supervisor talk about squash and I joined her and some other male lecturers for the game. It was fun and I like it. I’m now in love with a new game. I’m not good at it, I don’t know much about the rules yet but I’m enjoying it. Looking forward to a new session on Tuesday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

iyak..... i was playing tennis in mmu... :( if only knew you wanted to play.. would have called ya.

jennvaz said...

It's ok, anyway, MMU is kindda far too haha

Anonymous said...

haha.. we didnt have to play in mmu.. there are courts here in PJ too..