Monday, July 07, 2008

It's only Early July and sigh............


It's like an anniversary. My car was hit yesterday. This time, my car was badly damaged. Around the same time last year, my car was hit by a Mercedes, she was speeding and eating when she hit my car which was making a U-turn. Yesterday, on my way to print some notes for the students, a Kembara failed to stop at a junction and hit my car. The front part of my car was totally damaged and the estimated repair work costs almost RM 1300. The Kembara was not damaged at all. Only the edge of it's front bumper was slightly scratched. I am sad for now. RM 1300 is alot to pay for a damage which was not meant to be. An unnecessary expenditure it is. Here I am, awfully tight with my expenses and before I can even receive and enjoy my first pay check after six months, I already have bills waiting to be settled. I can't drive my car for the next two weeks. Thankfully, I have a bike to help me be mobile.

6 comments:

Iris said...

Jenn,are you injured?..

mel said...

oh dear. how r u? were u physically injured? must have been quite a shock, i imagine.

r u able to claim insurance? the kembara's or your own?

Anonymous said...

thats pretty awful. i know how painful it can be when you are running short of money but the bills keep pilling.

take care, especially when riding your bike.

jennvaz said...

Thanks for all your concerns. I'm not injured and I'm thankful for that but my car is badly injured. My heart aches for it.

Am not sure about the insurance claim yet. There are some problems that needs to be settled first. I need to get more details before i do anything to my car.

I am extra careful on the bike. Not riding it like how I used to. Value my life very much. The positive thing I can get out of it is that I do not need to pay so much for petrol. Am trying to be positive in any way that I can.

drumsticks said...

oh no.. thats bad.. sorry to hear what you have to go through now. Its good your trying to stay positive.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about ur accident. Hope u're ok!!!...That's the right attitude! Be positive!...Every cloud has a silver lining! Mopping around feelingmiserable will not make things better;it will only make it worse...cos you feel terrible, and you make make others around u miserable too!!! Be thankful you're ok and has a bike to use. Many others don't!