Saturday, June 21, 2008

I was in the mood to donate some blood this morning. After making sure that today is a working Saturday, I made my way to the Penang GH, the very first place I donated my blood when I reached eighteen. I was really eager to donate blood again. The last time I went to the blood bank was eight months ago.

Much to my dissapointment, the blood bank was closed. The notice wrote that they only open from 9am - 5pm from Mondays to Fridays. It is a setback for me. For me, the blood bank would get more donors if they operate after office hours as well so that people like me, who work during office hours do not have to take leave to donate blood. Perhaps that is why the blood bank is always running low in its stock. People who want to donate blood just can't do it as the hours are not suitable.

No comments: