Monday, May 26, 2008

Ms. Jennifer

Ms. Jennifer embarked a new chapter of her life today. She faced 28 boys and 1 girl in a silent class. All of them were engineering students and my role was to teach them English, so that they will become professional Engineers. It was not too bad for a start but I know, I need to buck up and be more professional in my methods of teaching.

They said the new lecturer looks serious. What do you expect? I'm scared and am also new and I can't behave like how I used to or else I would be assumed as a student. One class over, two more classes to go and I'm done for today but things are not that simple, all that happens today are just introductory and that is the most simplest. I now need to prepare for the lessons. To think of effective and creative ways to teach the students so that they will not memorize and study English.

For now, I have to deal with the old fashion printing machine, download the course outline using the very sickly(full of virus) staff computer and get my notes ready for class. Looking forward to a good week ahead!

3 comments:

mel said...

I'm sure you'll do great, Jenn.

Lemme know if you need any materials on ELT or Syllabus Design as I did two modules on it & still have the notes, online links, etc.

Big Hug on your first day! Lotsa Love from me.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH! Warghhh....when is my turn to be a lecturer....warghhh....

It's my passion!!!!


warghhh

jennvaz said...

Hi Mel,

It think I need all the materials related to English in this job. Everything seems to be connected. thanks in advance.

Isaac, your time will come when the time is right.Be patient, focus on being a good student for now.