Tuesday, May 13, 2008

13th May

I'm now in a cyber cafe. There's more than 100 computers in this cafe and the whole cafe is crowded. I believe I'm one of the odd ones surfing the net for everyone else are gaming away. It's 3pm in the afternoon on a week day and yet "netcity" is doing so well. I wonder how is it that people actually can find time to play games at this hour when logically speaking, most people are suppose to be either busy at work ar at school. I wonder and shall continue wondering.....

Thank you everyone for your comments, I did not tell everyone about my job interview because part of me was unconfident and I did not want to announce my failure, just in case I did not get the job. Anyway, I see myself very fortunate to have friends suporting me all the way. I told a few people to keep me in prayer for the interview and at around noon time, my phone was filled with smses asking me how I fared in the interview. I guess I really have good friends around me, people who care for me and really want to know what's going on in my life and I'm grateful for that.

It's nice to recieve your messages of congratulations. Thank you all so much. As for now, I'm very anxious. I've looked through the files and I think it will not be too difficult for me to be a good teacher, I hope I'll be a good teacher like Mr. Sui (I have not met him in person, but I read his blogs and his comments tell me that he is someone worth learning from, wise yet down to earth). I will not (or at least hope that) I will still be consistant in my friendships, to continue to stay in touch with old friends. Therefore I think you don't have to worry too much Mr. Alex. I have started letter writing since leaving KL in January, and I love it. I love the idea of recieving handwritten letters from old friends, to see their handwritting and personal touch...hint...hint..heheheh

I'll be down in KL this Friday for Fern's wedding. The feeling is weired, sorry Fern to say this but I feel weired knowing the fact that my Standard 1 classmate is getting married. I think of Fern and I remember the days when her dad used to give me a ride home after school whenever they see me waiting for the bus at the bus stop. Fern has always reminded me of childhood and now she is getting married, a reminder that I'm no more "that young" going to be a nice wedding to attend, a reunion of old friends, friends that I've not been meeting too often, friends who have been with me in school. I look forward for 17th May to come. I hope everything goes well on that day.

Since I'll be down for the weekend, I have made it a point to extend my stay in town. I hope to catch up with friends in KL before I officially get tied up with work. So please give me an sms if you think there are chances for us to meet. I'm not that free but I'll try to adjust my time.

Am looking forward to an interesting weekend in KL....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, congrats!!
happy for you...
hopefully will be able to catch up with you for dinner..

Anonymous said...

It's Teachers' Day tomorrow...May 16th, so a very Happy 1st Teachers' Day to you!!! The pay may not be attractive, the headaches and heartbreaks a-plenty...but at the end of it all, you'll look back and realise that it is all worthwhile.

P.S.: Thanks for ur compliment. I tried to be a good teacher...and I'm glad I did.

Janice said...

ah... jenn, i didn't know you are in kl. but i guess our time didn't fit. i just came back from kl last two days. otherwise we can meet up. :)