Monday, April 28, 2008

Now

I'm feeling anxious. I have never been to a job interview before. I have been to those minor part-time job interviews but never something serious. I got my previous job without having to go for any interview. I was offered the job and I took it.

I plan to go for a job interview tomorrow, I'm abit lost. I'm scared actually for I don't know what to expect. It's not a dream job but I'll be happy if I get the job. Maybe I'm abit desperate but I just want to start working again and feel useful. But it's not a really chin chai job lah. The position is management trainee, my sister said the company is not established enough but I thought perhaps that's where I can learn and gain experience. It's a popular food chain company, anyway I hope everything goes well tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe.. reminds me of 2 weeks ago when i went for my first ever job interview with one of the big accounting firms. it would be great to get into it so i felt the pressure. LOL!

can i give you some tips?

1) Dress accordingly. Dress well because that will help boost your self-confidence that day.

2) Smile. Smile to everyone you meet. It helps loosen your muscles and help you feel more relax and confident.

3) Be yourself. Show who you are and what you have within you. Its then up to the interviewer to judge whether you fit the position.

4) Be polite. Have manners. Can't understand, say something like 'i beg your pardon.', (i kinda miss out this part and came home kicking myself for that!)

5) know exactly what you want. like why you want to work for them, and how you can contribute, eg. because they have special training program like no other firms have, or because you believe you can contribute in the job with your food passion etc. but always always be real and true.

Hmm.. can't really think of anything else.. guess the most most most important is remain true to who you are, be yourself.. be positive.. be enthusiastic.. be confident, be friendly!

Don't bother whether they want you or not.. that's up to them to decide. :)

So relax, take it easy, and take it like just another experience you would want to have so that when you look back down memory lane next time, you'll say yes i did it. I fought my fears. I did well. :)

Good luck and all the very best!!

mel said...

Good luck, Jenn! Keeping you in my thoughts & prayers - not only for your job interview but also for the personal challenges you're going through. I admire you for what you're doing & the love & patience you put into it.

Hugs.

Anonymous said...

JennV, all the best for your job interview ok! God bless!

CaroL Magdalene said...

All the best Jenn.
May you'll find what you are looking for

jennvaz said...

Sorry guys, I can't help but to the give the best comment award to Mary this time. So complete and helpful. Anyways, thank you all for being so supportive, it's really comforting to know that I am remembered eventhough I'm way far up north here. Hugs...hugs...to all of you