Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Interview

I guess some of you will be wondering how the interview went. It was smooth and easy, no bullets attacking me BUT I Don't think I want the Job. When I was sitting through the interview, everything seemed ok to me. I told the manager I had no problem with everything.

Things changed when I went back home. I sat down and thought over the job. It was a job, not my passion. I was to work 6 days a week for a salary lower than my previous salary and the working hours can sometimes be more than 10 hours. I thought to myself, if I take the job....
  1. Sunday masses, how to go ah? If i work until 12pm on Sat nights, I think attending early morning sunday masses are going to be challenging for me and I don't want to drag my feet for masses, I want to go for mass happily.
  2. It's going to make my long distance relationship even more challenging. With only 1 day off, it's impossible for me to visit him in KL and if he comes to Penang, I will be working because I have to work on weekends and his off days are on weekends.
  3. Will I actually have a life? The odd working hours? HMmmmm.....
  4. Worst of all, is it worth it for me to sacrifice all these important things in my life for such a LOW salary? I gather not. I'd rather my sisters pay me what they plan to pay the nurse and look after my parents, if I am to be paid that much only. I think I deserve much more for what I am willing to offer.

I hope not all F& B industries are like the company I went to. Hopefully, I will find better companies, if not, don't be suprised to see me running a little stall in the market.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm you got me thinking too.....

Anonymous said...

no no.. sounds like a job you should not accept..

anything 6 days a week is no no.. lol

Anonymous said...

1 Go to sunset mass. Anyway, God is everywhere!
2 Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
3 Something's better than nothing...so until something better comes along...and money is not everything!!! Job satisfaction is more important!
4 Don't depend on others, not even family! Never mind if the salary is low.

P.S.: Haven't seen u around my place for a while, so tot I'd drop by to see how u're doing. Well, u'll have to decide which road to choose...and whatever decision u make, u'll have to live with it.

jennvaz said...

Hmmm...Alex, what did I get you to think about?
Mary,working 6days a week is not a problem, but getting RM 1000 for 6 full days of work is a problem

Hi, Mr. Sui, I don't have internet at home, therefore, I reduced my surfing moments these days, will only get the internet service once I start getting my salary again.
1. Cannot go sunset mass also lah, cause will be working at that hour
3. Yup, that will be what I'd be doing if I'm not assured of a job in 2 weeks time.
4. Yup, I always try not to do that.