Monday, April 14, 2008

I can't see what lies ahead.....

I'm the yougest child in my family and in my family tree, I'm also the last born in my generation. I have no siblings or cousins who are younger than me. And so, the age gap between me and my cousins are pretty wide. My eldest cousin is seventy two years old while my sister who is the second youngest in my generation is eight years older than I am.

I was never seen as a peer among my cousins, I was always considered as "the small one" or some would call me "Kechik" because that was what my Aunt's servant used to call me. Today, I'm no more that "Kechik" and my cousins cannot treat me as a kid anymore. As our age gap is so wide, I know so little about my cousins, I have little memories of them, all I can remember is that they pampered me and nothing more.

Tomorow, I am going on an interesting trip. I will be travelling to Nambucca Heads with my fourty-four year old cousin whom I hardly know. I am anxious, I don't know what to expect, it's going to be just me and him and probably his partner. I hardly know him but at the same time, I want to know him better. Besides, Nambucca Heads is such an interesting place to check out. It is a small town and probably very authentic. My cousin is a male nurse but he has a farm there thus making my trip even more exciting. I think it's going to be a sleepless night tonight......

No comments: