Saturday, January 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Mummy

22nd January 08

Today, mum turns 72. Mum was 45 when I was born. I believe it must have been pretty challenging to carry a child at that age.

Today at 72, mum is papa’s best friend, his precious jewel, so precious that he cannot afford to loose her. Mum has gone through a lot actually. Today, her weak legs can’t carry her far, she has diabetes, high blood pressure, back problems…… despite all these, and she has persevered and tried her best to make sure that papa remains well.

Some interesting facts about mummy

  • She never learned English at school but her vocabulary and grammar is grade A. Her only problem is her pronunciation.

  • Mummy cannot quote the bible at all, but she can tell you about how much faith she has in God for everything that happens in life. She hardly uses the word luckily, she replaces it with “ with God’s blessings”

  • Mummy never uses the recipe book, she just dumps everything in. She does that to cakes too.

  • With only RM 600 per month, Mummy still managed to make sure that all her daughters finished school and received higher education.

I don’t really know what makes mummy happy but I cooked birthday mee for her. She requested for it yesterday so I went to the market this morning to get the ingredients. I can’t remember You Moh’s birthday mee ingredients but I tried to make it as similar as it was. Honestly, I was pretty much happy with its outcome, I think mummy was happy too.

I don't know what makes mummy happy but what makes me happy is to see her smile with satisfaction each time I do something right.

(Mummy and her birthday mee)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was so sweet of you jenn. ;) Mom's always a gem like they say. Happy birthday to your mom!