Monday, December 03, 2007

Pain


A very dear friend of mine was in town tonight. It has been sometime since I last saw this friend whom I miss very much. I had looked forward to meeting this friend, but timing was just not right. I was occupied with something else, helping another friend out.

I don’t know if my friend was expecting to see me, neither would I know if this friend was disappointed as much as I was for not meeting up. I’m just feeling sad tonight because I missed meeting this friend. I could have met this friend if I had put in a little extra effort to manage my time but I did not. I assumed that time would wait and that I could steal an opportunity or two to catch up with this dear friend. My assumption failed me and I did not manage to meet my friend and I am disappointed. I am frustrated with myself that I did not appreciate the opportunities that I had. I never learn from my past mistakes and I always take things for granted. I procrastinate, confident that time and opportunities will always wait for me. I do care very much for my friend, but my bad habits overwhelm me. I succumb to procrastination just because I don’t feel like doing it at this moment and at this hour because I am not in the mood, sometimes because the task is challenging and I want to avoid it, sometimes its because I need to protect my pride therefore I choose to procrastinate.

Today, I missed the boat and I’m sad. My time is limited, every hour is precious and yet I wasted an opportunity tonight. My heart aches.

3 comments:

Pete said...

Hellooo Jenn. Remember me?

Chin up, old friend. Each pain we experience in life is an opportunity to improve ourselves, as long as we learn from it.

Btw, I'm blog-hunting for former CSSUPMers and I'll be linking your blog to mine. Hope you don't mind but if you do, just leave me a message and I'll remove the link.

Chin up!

jennvaz said...

Hi Peter, how can i not remember you? I take it as an honour to be linked up with your blog though i wonder how you found me =)

Happy Advent!

Pete said...

Happy Advent too! Btw tt's not hard finding stuff on the internet.. you can't believe the *other* things I've found. It's magic I tell you!