Monday, December 03, 2007

Happy Birthday



Today my friend celebrates her 22nd Birthday. I’ve only known her for like seven months and yet she is like a little sister to me. I am happy when she is around and dearly misses her in her absence.

It’s amusing how we can get along when our personalities are different. She likes those noisy praise and worship and boy band songs but I can’t seem to appreciate it. She has the ability to buy the whole Mid Valley back home but I can’t. I appreciate literature but she has no patience with it, I love oldies and sentimental songs but those things bore her terribly, I like meat but she likes vegetables more.

Even so, ironically, when we are together, we talk about almost everything that is under the sun. I guess I enjoy her company because of her honesty. She complains when she wants to. Nobody tells me that I’m long winded but she does, nobody tells me that my choice of music is dull but she does, nobody tells me that I’m boring but she does. And I appreciate her for her honesty because she helps me to see life in a different perspective. She helps me to understand her (though it’s really not easy).

Dear Ms Hong, thank you so much for your friendship, thank you for touching my life, thank you for the breakfasts (lovely sandwiches) and dinners (especially pastas) you shared with me, thank you for listening to me even though sometimes you don’t understand what I’m going through, thank you for being yourself when you are with me, and most of all, thank you for visiting in the evenings, for being a brat, a pests and a little sister.

Some people come into our lives for a reason and some for a season, I wonder which one are you.


The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, nor the kindly smile, nor the joy of companionship.
It is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when she discovers that someone else believes in her and is willing to trust her with her friendship

~Emerson~
(Miss Hong, Isaac and myself having a funny time)

No comments: