Monday, December 26, 2011

Today is the 26th of December, the baby is due in less than a week. It scares me to actually think that I'll be going into labour soon. It also scares me a little to realize that soon, the baby will be in our arms and no more in my womb. Early this morning, I got a false alarm. I woke up to empty my bladder and realized that i had not felt the baby move for a while. I waited for 30 minutes, shifting my body positions, hoping to make the baby move but my efforts were in vain. There was no movement. I got worried and woke Leslie up. We waited for another 15 minutes and still there were no signs of movement. What if something is wrong with the baby? I imagined, gosh, after carrying it for 9 months please God don't let anything happen to it. I could not imagine what I would have to go through if something was wrong. Leslie went to take out a stethoscope, hoping to hear at least some signs of movement. It was really funny of us to do it but honestly, in moments of helplessness, one would resort to silly things just to ease a disturbed mind. After 50 minutes, finally there was a slight movement, a few minutes later, there was a major shift in my belly. That little brat really scared the hell out of us. Boy were so relieved to see it move. Of course this false alarm also caused us both to lose our sleep as I had to send my sister to the bus terminal to catch her 7.30 am bus.

Christmas this year was not the best for us. Poor Leslie was in bed throughout Christmas as he was down with high fever. In fact, he is still sick. He even had to give the Christmas lunch at my other sister's home a miss as he was too sick to join in. As for me, I was worried about his condition. His fever started on Friday and on Saturday, we went to see the doctor. The fever did not subside and he was confined to bed most of the time even until today. I really hope he recovers fast as I do not wish to go into labour with him sick and unable to be present when the child is born (I doubt the doctor would allow him to be near to the baby if he is sick). It is our first child and I really want him to be around during this memorable moment. So despite not needing to cook at all this Christmas (my brother in-law wanted me to just relax this time due to my pregnancy), Christmas day this year was still a little exhausting but in a different manner. Nevertheless, I am grateful for the moment spent with everybody. I am thankful that my second sister made it a point to travel from Penang to join us. I am sure that it added much joy in my mom. I am grateful for the little gathering and the time spent at my sister Christine's home. I am grateful for being able to get the right gifts for the right people. The only setback is of course that Leslie was sick.

Yesterday, I received a call from Uncle Francis. He told me that he had offered a mass for me for a smooth and safe delivery. He had initially selected the 28th of December as the date for the mass but due to some reasons, the church clerk set 30th of December instead of 28th. Uncle Lim believes that the 30th was chosen for a good reason and told me to be mentally prepared. 30th is a good day indeed as it is the feast of the holy family, what a meaningful day should the baby be born on that day. I don't know when the baby will come, but one thing for sure is that I am still pretty comfortable for someone who is expecting the baby anytime soon. I'm not experiencing too much discomfort yet and I am still able to do some housework. Maybe I'm a little lazier this days but I am still mobile and active.

No comments: