Thursday, December 01, 2011

One of the daily necessary routine of an expectant mother is to monitor the movement of the child in the womb. She must feel the child move more than 10 times in less than 10 hours or otherwise immediately go to the hospital for further action. Lack of movement actually means that the child may be in danger. In most cases it is because the child is suffocated by the umbilical cord or is experiencing other problems. I actually have a problem monitoring my child's movement. This is because I can hardly feel it move even though its movement is visible to others. My baby bump can move so aggressively at yet I may not even notice it myself. Hence, I sometimes panic and worry because of that. I have to grip on to my tummy for a while and wait for it to move before I can sigh in relieve. I don't know why I am less sensitive in this. Maybe it is because I am too occupied with other things to the extend that the baby's movement can hardly be felt. At 5pm today, I suddenly realized that I hardly felt the baby move today. I got worried and started to imagine things. What if my child is choked? It's been so many hours, what if it is gone? Fear overwhelmed me for a while. I found myself a private corner in the office and gripped to my stomach for a while and waited. The movement did not come. I held my tummy in fear and waited for another 5 minutes and suddenly felt the kick. It was such a relieve. At least it is still alive.

No comments: