Monday, March 08, 2010

Last weekend, a friend broke the news to me that she broke up with her boyfriend of more than 4 years. I was taken aback. I do not really know how she feels about it as we communicated through sms but I am sure it's a heartbreaking situation for her. I did not try to probe further because we were only communicating through sms. I have always preferred to talk over such sensitive matters face to face as I think facial expressions are very important in such conversations. She volunteered further details by telling me that he had another girlfriend.

It felt terrible to know that this friend of mine is experiencing a breakup in a relationship. She is such a nice person, helpful, caring, capable and not materialistic. What quality did the other girl have that my friend did not have to the extend that he was willing to give up his long term relationship with my friend for another girl? I just could not understand.

When I shared the news with Leslie, ' aren't we both lucky people?' was his reply. I agree with him. I am lucky that despite the many weakness that I have and the imperfections of the family that I belong to, he still chose me as his wife.

4 comments:

a contemplative pilgrim said...

hmmm.....hard to say,never had my heart broken into millions pieces like petals falling......

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I always believe in FATE especially in a relationship. It's the most important element. It's really nothing to do with what your friend has & what she is lack of. You & your husband is a fated & blessed pair. That's why you guys got to meet each other & even got married. It's a real good thing. But some people like me, we have to take alot of challenges in life just to find our own Mr right. If your friend is brave enough to take all the challenges & clear all the obstacles in life, she will definitely or eventually find her mr right. It's just a matter of time. Dun you think sometimes we must learn how to enjoy the journey in searching our true love? It's all about experiences that one day you might think it's so precious & memorable.

jennvaz said...

Very well expressed anonymous