Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Punctuality is important. It is a student's responsibility to be punctual.

'Teacher, I woke up late, I am sorry, can I come and see you at 10.30 am instead of 10am?'

This is not a valid reason for lateness. It is not suppose to be ok but then again, there are many other students who are worst than this girl. They do not even turn up for appointments. So, this girl, although is late for her appointment without a reasonable reason is considered to be better than those who do not even bother to notify.

Sigh......what's wrong with us? She is suppose to learn how to wake up on time and be punctual for her appointments, but then again, the environment has not taught her that and she thinks it is ok to be late as long as she notifies.

There are many habitual latecomers who have the cheek to their their lecturers that:

'Teacher I know I'm late, but at least I come. I could have chosen to be absent you know' as if the teachers need them to be present in their class. For a teacher, it is always better to have fewer students in the class for we teach better when the group is small.

Gosh, what's becoming of this society?

1 comment:

Kim said...

That's where punishment comes in :) Even at my working place, there are ppl who comes late. Giving me all the wierd excuses. "Car rosak, my baby crying, send kids to school" It's never ending. If wake up late, sleep earlier. Other kids or for my case, there are workers who have kids as well can manage to come early. Everyone who comes to work to try earn an honest living. Cheating by being late is disrespectful and unfair to others. Same goes for students. We suppose to respect other classmates who wants to study. It's not all about him/herself.