Thursday, December 18, 2008

When the students have their presentations, I bring a little bell with me to remind them of the time. To me, the bell is just a bell yet students get excited over it.
Incident 1:
Student: Teacher, can I play with the bell?
Me: No, why would you want to play with the bell?
Student: I think it’s fun, can I? Please? Just once
Me: Ok, just once
Student: Thing, ting, ting….(presses the bell with much satisfaction and giggles)
Incident 2:
I walk into the class and immediately a boy walks up to me and says
Boy: Teacher, can I help you today?
Me: Oh? To do what?
Boy: I want to be the person who presses the bell.
Me: (amused) Ok, you can be the time keeper.
Two to three other students: Ei, wo ye yao! (I want too, I want too)
Me: Ok, you can all take turns.
Incident 3:
I was speaking to some students after class when a few students gathered round my table. I caught them staring at the bell when suddenly, one of them bravely reaches out his hands and presses the bell and quickly walks away and pretended as if he did nothing.

IT IS JUST A BELL and yet, it amuses so many people. They reminded me of those days when some of us used to run to our friend's bicycles to ring the bell and run off. Anyway, I thought these boys were cute and I love them. Good day to all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's a bell with a charm Jenn.. be careful..hehehhe.

jennvaz said...

hmmm....