Wednesday, December 17, 2008

US President George. W. Bush was humiliated yesterday when an Iraqi man threw a pair of shoes at him during a press conference. If the world had respected that man, then the world would not have embarrassed him by making it known worldwide. I take my hats off to Muntazer for his guts. I’m sure George Bush was very much aware that the world condemned his contributions towards the Iraqi war yet he seemed to not show any sign of regret over what has happened and on Monday, Muntazer sent a very clear message on behalf of his people that he was angry at what Bush had done to his people. He stood up, faced the man and threw the shoes at him.
People of higher position have condemned Muntazer’s act saying that it was very unprofessional for him to do so and that he was embarrassing his nation but I guess sometimes drastic measures have to be taken to send the message across and this time, I support Muntazer for what he did. He did not hurt anyone, he did not kill anyone, he just slapped him in the face and I think that’s what some people need as a wake up call.

No comments: