Friday, December 12, 2008

Papa earned himself an ‘ang moh lao’ yesterday. He fell down and knocked his head. Interestingly, mum was not sympathetic at all. All she said was ‘very good, served you right, you asked for it’ and she sat in the garden, waiting for me to return home from work, ignoring him throughout the whole evening.
Mum has been pretty much fed up with papa’s stubbornness so much so that she calls him a nuisance. She is fed up because she has been deprived of her own privacy and lack of freedom in spending time the way she desires.She greeted me yesterday by saying ‘papa fell down’ and nothing more. She was so cool about it as if nothing serious had happened. I walked into the room and was shocked when I saw papa. His head was swollen and for a while I thought his faced was damaged. I had to take a second good look at his face to calm myself. It was obvious that he had a bad fall and Sokha looked as if she was about to cry. She kept on apologizing in Cambodian, trying to explain how he fell. I was no way angry at her. I knew very well that Sokha would have never let it happened if she had a choice.
This morning, when papa woke up. Mum took him to the mirror, gave him his glasses and asked him to take a good look at himself. He thought it was funny and laughed at his face. Mum said she wanted to show him how terrible he looked but i guess mum failed to scare him for after we gave him breakfast, he started to move himself from his seat to kick poor Brandy for barking.
Aish....a new chapter of unpredictable happenings....

No comments: