Thursday, November 27, 2008

I’ve pasted the grades for their assessment on the wall outside my room and students have been coming over eagerly to check on their grades. I could hear them commenting on it from my room. Suddenly, William walks in my room smiling from ear to ear asking me if the grades are for real. He could not believe that he did so well. Perhaps the additional satisfaction is to know that he did better than his sister for this assessment. I teach his sister too but she is in a different class, supposedly to be the smarter one of the two. The sister is younger by two years but is more domineering compared to him so much so that I thought she was elder.
William asked me if the grades are final and when I answered yes, he said ‘good’ and waved goodbye and left. I can’t help but smile for I know he put in effort in his presentation and he deserves to experience this kind of satisfaction even if it’s just for a while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahhahahahahhahahaahaahahaaa