Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Princess asked me how was I and interestingly, I replied that I was experiencing crisis. For the past few days, I tried to identify my feelings and all of a sudden princess’s question helped me find the answer. Indeed I was going through a crisis.
Honestly, what happened to my staff room was just a small matter. It is troublesome and my things and notes are all in a mess but I don’t think it is too great a problem for me to spend time moaning over. I have more important and urgent matters to worry about back home.
Our Cambodian maid has finally arrived. The timing is just right as the present lady who looks after my parents has begun to indicate that she is no more interested to continue caring for my parents. It sounds like a perfect timing but our new maid is inexperienced and she has lots to learn. For starters, she can’t speak English at all.
It’s going to be a challenging yet interesting experience for me. Sokha seems to be a nice girl but I don’t really know what to expect. She arrived at 11pm with a fellow Cambodian who plays the role as a translator and the moment they stepped into the house, I heard them whisper to each other ’Christian’. As I briefed them about Sokha’s role, I told them that we go to Church on Sundays and asked if Sokha would mind following us. It was then that I found out that both these girls are Christians. Due to communication problem, I am not sure if Sokha is a Catholic. She seems to be uncertain herself .
I teach English in college and I’m going to teach English at home too. I foresee a challenging month ahead. How can you help me? Well, I doubt anyone can do anything but I believe remembering me in your prayers should help to ease the stress around. It’s going to be a learning experience, God grant me with the peace and patience to accept realities and the courage to work and improve and overcome challenges.
To be honest, I’m currently very angry and disappointed towards some individuals and I’m glad my encounter with them is going to be less rampant.

No comments: