Tuesday, October 14, 2008


My usual evening activity would be sitting in front of the TV. Although the TV programmes are not always good, I like the idea of sitting down and doing nothing for an hour. I am not a fan of local movies but last week, I accidentally saw a movie on TV3 entitled 'Waris Jari Hantu'
Tina and Ari are best friends and relatives . Ari is often ridiculed by villagers as a sissy but that does not prevent Tina from liking him. She nurtures a secret dream of marrying him. One day Ari disappears. Tina waits patiently for his return. Ari, returns, shocking Tina with his new identity. Tina, having waited patiently for his return has difficulty accepting the new Ari. It took her some time to accept the new Ari.

I thought that part of the movie was so beautiful. Tina learned to accept and continue loving Ari even though he was no more what she expected him to be.

I hope to watch this movie again from the very beginning to appreciate the friendship between Ari and Tina better. It is not the best and logical movie but I think there is some essence in this movie that is worth watching.

No comments: