Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Last night at about 9.30pm our housing area was mopped with a total blackout. Not knowing what else to do, I decided to sleep early. I always believe that everything happens for a reason. At 4am, mom woke me up saying my dad fell down. The thought of him falling down is not something new to me. People always warn me about the danger of him falling down. I am fully aware of the dangers and the possible consequences but I believe nothing much can be done about it. The only way to avoid him from falling down would be to have someone monitoring him 24hours and anyone sensible would know that it is not a logical thing to do.

When I walked in to check on him, I did not know whether to laugh or cry. Papa was lying flat on the floor with his leather shoes and slacks on. When asked what he was trying to do, he said he was preparing to go to church. Yup, that's my dad's current condition. He is unable to comprehend many things and we have to accept it.

I could not lift him. I was afraid I might injure him internally. Had to call for my neighbor to help me lift him. I am somehow grateful that I have people to help me when I urgently need help. Dad definitely scared mom, Patsy and myself this morning but guess what, just now, before I left for work, he woke up and walked out to sit in the garden.

Indeed, life at home is very unpredictable. We have to be mentally prepared for any rainy day.

No comments: