Thursday, October 09, 2008

I share a room with four other lecturers and there is no label to note that it is my room. Therefore, I had to describe my room to the students instead of asking them to search for it on their own.

Me: Did lecturer A teach you last semester? I share the same room with this lecturer.
Student: Haiyor, teacher you are so SUI (unlucky) to be in the same room with A. Pity you.

Me: My name is Jennifer Vaz
Student: Ah? What? Vaz? Not bus ah? I thought Bus!

I was surprised, such bold students to speak in such a manner. Part of me felt intimidated, I wonder if they would say the same thing about me to other people too. Gone were the days where students used to respect their teachers. Teachers these days have to work very hard to earn the respect and it is not about being lenient towards them, it is about being firm and being professional in what I do.

1 comment:

~dolph~ said...

Hi Jenn,haha...yea......students nowadays are so much different compare to your time and my time..=)take care ya...

~JOyce~