Monday, September 22, 2008

When I was a kid, we used to fight because of the TV program. My second sister preferred to watch English programmes while my third sister and I preferred Cantonese programmes. I loved to watch Lydia Shum on screen. She was a natural entertainer and humorous too. My love towards Cantonese movies dwindled through the years. Perhaps it was because of the deterioration in the movie quality. More and more senseless movies were shown instead.
Last night, Lydia Shum was on screen once again. It was really nice to watch her act. Mom enjoyed herself too as we watched the movie together. Honestly, I do miss those days when actors like Lydia Shum, Jacky Chan, Bill Tung, Summo Hung, Maggie Cheong, Eric Tsang, Chow Yuen Fatt (and also one bald actor named Roger I think) were popular in Hong Kong. The jokes were logical and humorous and would somehow provide its viewer with the feel good feeling after that.
These days, Cantonese movies do not provide that anymore, jokes are usually senseless and sometimes insulting. Sometimes, the contents do not even convey the right values to the viewers. Gosh, I do miss those days.

No comments: