Thursday, August 21, 2008

Since coming back from KL, a whole chunk of challenges and unexpected happenings have suddenly appeared in my life.
At work, I still have plenty of assignments and homework to mark and the deadline is next Friday. Besides that, exams are just around the corner and I have new responsibilities to carry. I am also to be an invigilator and I know nothing about it. I have plenty of forms to fill and also rules to strictly follow. After the invigilation, I will have plenty of scripts to mark and I have only ten days to complete those assignments. My colleagues have warned me to expect sleepless nights ahead.
At home, I have mom in bed moaning in pain. The little fall that she had the other day left cracks on two parts of her back bone. She dreads moving herself as it hurts terribly each time she shifts her body. She finds comfort lying in bed. As for now, she is immobile and she is expected to be bedridden for the next two weeks. Dad is in his usual self and needs lots of attention and supervision. He cannot be left unattended for he might just do shocking things like eating things that cannot be eaten together with rice. He cannot remember if he has eaten and is constantly asking for food.
Simmi my neighbor’s grandpa passed away on Monday and I was unaware of it until today. The funeral is over and I was not there to send my condolences. I’m a little bit upset about it because Simmi has been very caring towards my family and I was not there to comfort her. Besides Simmi’s grandpa’s death, I’m also upset over yesterday’s accident. I am annoyed that I have to waste my time settling matters related to the car. If that man had not been careless, all these unnecessary things need not have taken place and I would have had more time for myself, doing things that was more important to me. I am also not feeling very well at the moment. I’ve been having sore throat on and off for the past three days. Today, my throat was awfully painful that I dismissed my class earlier than usual because I could not take the pain any longer.
Yes I have a whole lot of chunk over my head but I choose not to talk to any individual about it because I don’t see a point in expressing all my frustrations on it. Very often, instead of lightening my burden, responses tend to add on to my frustrations because the listener tends to ask questions that will trigger the unhappiness that is within me. I am worried over my problems but I have faith that all these challenges will be overcome in one way or another. For I have people around me who will help me through.

No comments: