Thursday, August 14, 2008

Last Wednesday, my ex-classmates told me that they wanted to bring me out for dinner yesterday and I said ok. There was no follow-up after that. I was aware that it was meant to be my birthday treat, CK had made it clear that dinner was on him. But the problem was that he did not update me on the meet up. There was no mention on how, when and where to meet. I waited and waited for them to update me but nothing happened. I was too shy to sms him and ask if he was still taking me out for dinner so I let it be, accepting that he was probably joking.

I waited until 7pm for their sms and there was no news. Out of the blue, another ex-classmate asked if I'd like to have dinner with her and I agreed. At 7.30pm, I received CK's call, asking me if I wanted to meet him at the parking lot outside his house or at Gurney Drive itself.

I was speechless =.=!!! The group was waiting for me!
I felt guilty and stupid. Why did I not just call and ask if he was serious about the dinner? But then again, I'm not the kind of person who goes around asking people
"so are you still taking me out for dinner?"
Last night was a real lousy night for me. I felt so stupid. And to add salt to the wound, the parish priest paid a pastoral visit to my home yesterday evening and I WAS NOT HOME. I was not pre-warned about it. It was not a big deal but I think it would have been good to understand his intention of visiting our home, at least to have a conversation with him.
13Aug08 was a bad Wednesday!

No comments: