Monday, August 25, 2008

It might be a small matter to him but to me, Uncle Charles is indeed a very important man whenever my parents go to Church. Each time I see this Communion Minister on duty, my heart is at peace and I can concentrate fully at mass. Uncle Charles is a Communion Minister who never misses the elderly and disabled. He combs the Church thoroughly during communion time to make sure that he never misses anyone for communion. To the elderly and disabled, he is a hero and they do not have to worry whenever he is on duty.
I know that my parents love going to Church. It’s a great joy for them to be able to receive Christ at communion. I see this excitement not only in my parents but also in the eyes of many other elderly people. There is a certain kind of shine in their eyes each time they go to church and they panic each time someone unfamiliar is on duty because they are scared that they will be missed out during communion. Some people think that this is a small matter but to the elderly, it is indeed a big matter and Uncle Charles is like a God sent angel.
Today, I thanked Uncle Charles for what he does.
“Oh, you are welcome. They used to serve when they were younger, I’m just doing the very little that I can to serve them like how they used to serve others. When I become like them, I trust you will be doing the same thing.” was his reply.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life is a cycle...and what goes around comes around. So be good and do good...cos one day, it will all come back to you.

jennvaz said...

Indeed it is