Sunday, August 03, 2008

Each time I go to my office, I will pass by this little Hindu temple at waterfall road. It is an extremely small temple, the size of two parking lots. Though it’s not very big, there is always someone praying in that temple. Not only Indians can be seen there but also Chinese. Religion is such a beautiful thing. It brings people together for a noble cause. Now is the ‘Hungry Ghost’ month and it is a grand event here in Penang. People pray and burn prayer items by the roadsides. Some people find such festivals a nuisance but I don’t. I am always fascinated by the believes of others and it always amazes me to see the kind of faith people have towards their god. Penang is always filled with different religious festivals and to me, this multiple cultural practice is what makes Penang special.

No comments: