Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It’s my second month at work and I’m slowly beginning to see and experience what the working world is like. I begin to see how people can be cold, heartless and mean to another. I am actually naive on many matters and am easily used by certain individuals to get what they want. The only sad thing is that I discover the reality a little too late. I am not streetwise when it comes to the corporate environment.
Last week, I made a mistake, I uttered the truth to someone I trusted only to discover that my truth was used as a weapon to destroy another. I am beginning to learn that it is safer to be less straightforward about things, being honest is not always the best policy. It is not easy for I have my principles in life and I have my own values to uphold. I made a mistake last week and I’m very regretful over it. I’m sorry that I contributed towards the emotional destruction of another person.
I also discovered that I’m no longer a nobody, somebody somewhere is watching me. My actions and performance is being watched by someone, somewhere. In time to come, I might receive calls from strangers who will offer me lucrative deals if I am impressive at what I do. Scary isn’t it? Especially when you thought you maintained a low profile.


Ps/ please do not assume that I am referring to my work place for I am not.

2 comments:

Chris Wee SJ said...

Just one note Jenn. Be careful, for it is through small incidents that we change either for better or seemingly better.

jennvaz said...

thank you Fr.