Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Ever since my poor car was hit, I’ve been neglecting some things. My routine has been disrupted thanks to the accident. It is interesting to discover the reality, to understand how corruption actually takes place. The idea of corruption or ‘under table money’ is not an unknown issue, it is not a hush, hush matter. Everybody knows about it and yet nothing has been done by our full of promises officers about this matter for they themselves are part of the game.
I was talking to someone who has been helping me to maintain my car. He was telling me how one of the panel mechanics of my insurance agent refused to do any work on my car. His reason was that WCN 2708 was an old car and that he will not get much profit out of repairing the car. The profit that he meant was not profit through workmanship but profit through the under table money. My reliable source also revealed to me how the industry worked. He shared with me about the differences in the quality of work by an ordinary mechanic and a panel mechanic. It’s interesting that people can actually openly cheat and not feel shy or guilty about it because everyone else is doing it. It has become a trend and a culture that the feeling of guilt towards such unethical acts no more exist.
Listening to all that was said got me annoyed. I wondered if I allowed that panel mechanic to have things his way, what’s the point then for me to pay for my motor insurance? Why do I have to pay for my motor insurance when I don’t get the kind of compensation I am qualified to get? It’s just not fair for me to be a victim of this gimmick. They discourage us from claiming from our motor insurance so that they can earn more. I called the insurance company and got the assurance from the claims department that all panel mechanics are obligated to repair the damage and if they refused to do so, I could report them to the company. Thank goodness for that. ………
………truthfully speaking…when you encounter with such situations, you just have to trust only yourself………

No comments: