Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What happened to my dream? This is the question I’ve been asked by many. Have I forgotten totally about it?
The honest truth is that my dream at the moment, is the last thing on my mind. I’m now set in an environment where I do not live a life for me and myself only. My active involvement is vital in the current environment that I am in. Being new to the arena, there’s a lot for me to learn and there are many things that I cannot ignore.
Since moving back, my routine has changed and I’m still trying very much to adapt to this new environment. I’m still adjusting and indeed I do miss the personal privacy I used to enjoy back in Xavier Hall. I have put aside the many things that I used to enjoy doing because I still have not found a way to make time for myself without neglecting the things that I ought to do and at the same time not overtire myself.
As much as I love cooking, there is hardly any opportunity for me to explore in the kitchen. My parents hardly eat and there is no one to eat what I have prepared. Besides, my parents’ diet are pretty much limited and there are many ingredients which I need to omit if I am to cook for them. It’s very discouraging for me to cook when there’s no one to eat. For now, I’m taking a little break from the kitchen, but if someone with an appetite happens to come by, I guess I wouldn’t mind getting my hands dirty once again.

No comments: